The course modules include the following topics:
SKIN & HAIR BIOLOGY—As it relates to laser & light based treatments
FUNDAMENTALS OF LASER & IPL USE AND ENERGY CONCEPTS
TISSUE OPTICS AND LASER EFFECTS
LASER HAZARDS & SAFETY
LASER & IPL HAIR REMOVAL
LIGHT BASED NON-ABLATIVE SKIN REJUVENATION
BENIGN PIGMENTED LESIONS
LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
TREATMENT OF RED VASCULAR LESIONS & AREAS
ABLATIVE SKIN RESURFACING INCLUDING FRACTIONAL ABLATIONS
Gain a full understanding of the various laser options, consultation with patients, and evaluate patient needs while setting patient expectations.
- Learn the various types of light based energy technologies presently available
- Understand and determine which types of light energy treatments will create desired results for patients in a safe and efficacious manner utilizing the various laser energy platforms.
- Review the most common conditions that can be treated with light energies, protocols for the various platforms, treatment pearls, and safe administration of the procedures.
- Understand the various non-ablative and ablative FDA cleared indications as well as off-label protocols and uses for a variety of skin disorders or enhancement.
Receive a practical understanding in physics and safety guidelines for lasers and light energy devices.
- Receive easy to understand laser safety guidelines, sample laser policies, and other necessary information to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local ordinances. Receive relevant information relating to the hazards associated with lasers and an understanding on how to avoid them.
Learn about the various lasers & light based energy devices.
- Gain proficiency in understanding the various delivery mechanisms associated with laser treatments through “hands-on” training sessions.
- Learn all the protocols to safely and efficaciously perform the following: Acne Scar Reduction, Acquired Adult Hermangioma Reduction, Ephelis Reduction, Facial Erythema Reduction, Hair Reduction, Photo Facial, Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Tightening, Solar Lentigo Reduction, Telangiectasia Reduction, Wrinkle Reduction.